Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bow to the Coffee Gods

Before giving up dairy, a favorite summer treat of mine was the Starbucks' Frappuccino.  Then came the Frappuccino light which made the treat seem nearly sinless.  What could be better than creamy, blended, icy coffee drinks on hot summer days?  Deeeelicious!

But, sadly, these delicacies contain dairy.  Drats.  I'd have to settle for an unexciting iced coffee that just goes too fast and lacks the thick beauty of a blended drink.

This past week I was at a Barnes and Noble with a friend and the coffee gods must have been looking down on me and smiling.  There on the menu was the new and fabulous Customizable Frappuccno!  Yes, readers, now you can make your Frappuccino dairy-less (with soy), decaffeinated (they were smiling down at my mom, too), light, and more!  I savored that beverage as if it were my last.

Okay, I exaggerate.  But it was darn good.

Then, the next day, we met some friends and another Starbucks with no Customizable Frappuccino menu! I inquired and was informed that the company was not to introduce this new idea until next week.  The barrista obviously saw the disappointment streaking across my face because he asked what I wanted.  And he granted my wish!!

I write this as I sit at Panera Bread drinking their irresistible hazelnut coffee with a friend.  No, I don't have a problem.  You do.

No comments:

Post a Comment