Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Piggy Flew

Soooo...

I've been slacking again.

It's hard to post about food when you're sick with H1N1 and have to choose quite carefully what you are going to consume because wait, will a chocolate bar agree with tamiflu?  How bad will the stomach cramps be today with all this hacking-up-of-the-lungs?  


I've been very careful about my food consumption--faux chicken soup with noodles, scrambled eggs, glass after glass of juice-and-carbonated-water, etc.

I managed to keep down some roasted brussels sprouts tonight (lightly tossed in olive oil with salt, pepper, and thyme).  The left over noodles-mushrooms-and-vegan-sausage-combo at lunch didn't do as well.

Did I mention the juice?

Ordinarily I'd jump at the chance to dabble in the kitchen while under a week-long "house arrest" (as I affectionately call it), but I don't want to infect all of the household food supply.  And there's that stomach sensitivity thing.

So, until the piggy flies away, happy eating!

1 comment: