Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boxed Soup

I am well overdue for an update here and although I have no news or adventures to report, I will do my duty as a blogger and post.

I am stuck in a food rut of sorts.  After my bout of stomach illness, whatever it happened to be, I didn't really manage to pull myself out of the bland and boring food blob into which I previously immersed myself. Sure, I'm not limited to merely rice cakes, crackers, and noodles, but my diet is, simply put, boring.  And I lack the experimental bug that started this blog in the first place.

I did make soup the other day.  It was from a box.  Exciting, no?  I didn't follow the instructions completely because the last time I did, it turned out as a paste of bean-mush rather than the 18-bean-soup it was supposed to be.  This time I:

*sauteed the veggies before adding the liquids (aren't you usually supposed to do that anyhow?)
*Added several cans of vegetable broth to add flavor and liquid (in hopes of preventing pasting)
*Cut the simmering time in half

So why wasn't this an experiment?  Well, I suppose it was, just not a complete one.  You see, the finished product has been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days waiting to be eaten.  We just haven't gotten around to it.  I'll probably have to add more liquid during the reheating.  I'll let you know how it tastes when we finally taste it (hopefully) tonight.  'Tis soup season at last.

Now for a shower...and possibly baking some sort of dangerously delicious chocolatey goodness.  Oh yea, I removed the ban.

No comments:

Post a Comment