Friday, October 9, 2009

Nom Woes

I believe the LOLcats and LOLdogs of the world have declared "nom" to be an official word in universal vocabulary.  Yes, I do realize it is a bit of onomatopoeia, but it has truly become a actual word, too.

But beyond that, over a week ago I banned myself from baking.  This isn't an eternal ban, of course, but a long term ban until I have a really good excuse to bake something such as a special occasion or some serious PMSing.  I went on a baking craze in an effort to experiment with different vegan ideas and options and the result was a near destruction of my mother's-and-my-own attempts to lose weight.  Sure, we are aware of the little friend called moderation, but when there is a delectable raspberry crumble cake sitting on the counter each and every day and each pre-cut square costs 5 Weight Watcher points and yet they aren't even big squares, things get crumbly very fast.

Thus came the ban.  All was good aside from seeing so many delicious concoctions and having so many ideas bloom in my happy little brain, until it set in that I used the last of my Earth Balance vegan butter-stuff for the crumble cake.  I have no need for the butter replacement if I'm not baking, but the absence of it is like the absence of a very crucial daily medication.  What if I need brownies?  Or cookies?  WHAT IF I GET MY PERIOD AND THERE IS NO FAKE BUTTER WITH WHICH TO BAKE A CRAVING CURE?!?!  Relax, self, Trader Joe's is a walk away.  And each time I am out and able to stop at a store that carries my baking wonder, I keep myself away and say not yet, self, you don't need it.  There is a baking ban.  And so the torture continues.

Oh, but it gets worse.  The past few days I've had some sort of stomach-bug-evil-spirit-within-me.  It started out like an upset stomach and soreness all over.  Then it was like somebody punched me in the gut.  It's on and off and I'm feeling better, but all those delicious happy foods that I'd normally nom on?  Nope.  Try bland fake-chicken soup and noodles or bland crackers and rice cakes.  Bland cereal.  Perhaps a banana if I feel well enough.  I haven't even had coffee in two days.  I crave well-seasoned goodness and yet nothing is appealing.  Woe is me!


I suddenly have a craving for a giant peanut butter cookie.  Oh, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment