Sunday, January 17, 2010

Vegetarian Dating

Let me just put it out there flatly.  I don't have many vegetarian friends.  I can count them on one hand, and they don't even live in the same state as I do.  I have friends who are "occasional vegetarians" or who are very conscious of what they eat, but that doesn't count.  I've also never dated a vegetarian.  In fact, the last person I "dated" found it quite enjoyable to talk about how he loved to eat his cow still mooing.  Tacky?  Yes.

I have decided (and my mother whole-heartedly agrees) that it is time to connect with more of my "kind."  I found a connection website--I hesitate to say dating website because there is an option for finding friends, too--for vegetarians and vegans.  It is completely free.  FREE.  So, I signed up and have been obsessively checking for the past day and a half.  That's what people do after first signing up for a site like this, right?  Well, in my search, only two guys came up.  I get the feeling this site is not nearly as popular as, say, Match.com, eHarmony, or Jdate.com.  My profile has been viewed over twenty times, but I have not received any messages.  And there is no feature to see who had viewed your profile.  Sad.

We'll see what happens.  I have a feeling connecting will be much easier if/when I move to the city.  Oh, surburbia, how you stunt me.

2 comments: